RDP Enable in Kali Linux 2.0.X
I t was difficult to work to many screen when you doing some Home LAB Testing. moving screen to screen was keeping you diverting.
So i decided to enable RDP service in to Kali Linux, so i can RDP using my windows 10 and do some CEH Lab testings.
I have KALI Linux installed on my Esxi 6.0X Home LAB.
How to install KALI Linux is simple 5 Steps.
- Download KALI Linux ISO
- Exsi Setup as NEW VM
- Use ISO isntall, follow the Install Wizard and easy steps.
- Setup IP address of your LAN network.
- Connect using SSH and test it.
Thats all you have Kali linux install over Esxi for testing.
Lets Configure Kali linux for the RDP Service.
You can either Login to Kali Linux using Esxi VMWWARE Remote console, or Putty for SSH in to it.
I used prefer to ssh using Putty.
Make sure you have updated the all packages upto date, you can do with below commands.
- root@kali:~#apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
- root@kali:~#apt-get dist-upgrade
install the RDP server you run the following command from a terminal window:
- root@kali:~#apt-get install xrdp
Uninstall the Gnome-desktop and use another window manager (Like we use LXDE):
- root@kali:~#apt-get remove gnome-core
- root@kali:~#apt-get install lxde-core lxde kali-defaults kali-root-login desktop-base
update-alternatives –config x-session-manager
Choose “/usr/bin/startlxde” ( above screen option 4).
Now it set to XRDP.
Now start the XRDP server with the following command:
- root@kali:~#service xrdp start
- root@kali:~#service xrdp-sesman start
- If want it to auto start after reboot you need to run this command also:
update-rc.d xrdp enable (It will not start xrdp-sesman automatic)
Now you should be able to RDP directly into your Kali Linux:
how cool is it.
I will post some Kali testings Later blogs.