Mount Linux LVM2_member
I had issue mounting one of Linux system, lost root Password.
Which SET Grub setting as 0, which not give you to enter in to single user mode.
here is the steps for recovering.
- Download KNOPPIX_V7.2.0CD-2013-06-16-EN.iso
- Upload to Esxi one of the Folder where you have access for this ISO to Boot.
- Stop the VM
- Add ISO Image as CD in to the VM as Show as below. ( Connect and Power on, Select the ISO Image which was uploaded your folder/
5. Select Boot Option.
6. Select Boot Option CD ROM, how you setup in BIOS
7. Boot with Live CD and Mount the VM Drive
8. Login and try below command to scan LVM
/dev/ram0 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/eve-ng-vg/root [ 71.52 GiB]
/dev/ram1 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/sda1 [ 487.00 MiB]
/dev/eve-ng-vg/swap_1 [ 8.00 GiB]
/dev/ram2 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram3 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram4 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram5 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/sda5 [ 39.52 GiB] LVM physical volume
/dev/ram6 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram7 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram8 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram9 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram10 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram11 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram12 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram13 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram14 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/ram15 [ 64.00 MiB]
/dev/sdb [ 40.00 GiB] LVM physical volume
1 LVM physical volume whole disk
1 LVM physical volume
9. vgchange -ay
#mount /dev/eve-ng-vg/root /mnt/
11. cd /mnt
12. cd etc
13 edit the shadow and replace root with below line
Now the root password is master
save the file shadown and reboot, make sure you remove the CD from connect on.
happy Labbing !!!!!